The candidate for the Doctorate in Higher Education Management shall:
- Have a Master’s Degree and teaching experience in research or management in Higher Education. This is: currently be or having been a teacher, a researcher, an official, a director or a consultant for a Higher Education institution or a decentralized agency of Higher Education.
- Be committed with the development and transformation of the Higher Education Institutions.
- Have reading comprehension skills in the English language.
Furthermore, the requirements and criteria for the students selection are:
- Prove to have the Master Degree with a copy of the diploma and/or the act of exam presented to obtain the master’s degree.
- Accredit a minimum average of eighty and/ or its equivalent, with the original certificate or a document that is comparable with the master’s studies.
- Study and pass the propaedeutic course.
- Present two recommendation letters from an academic source: researchers or Higher Education Institution managers.
- Demonstrate reading and comprehension skills in the English language.
- Submit a Statement of Purpose Letter determining the reason to pursue a Ph.D.
- Submit a research protocol.
- Participate in an interview with the Academic Board Members of the Doctorate.
Provide a copy of a publication (article, essay, technical or research report) in which they have participated to show the academicexperience in Higher Education. If the applicant does not have any of the publications above mentioned, they should present a copy of the thesis to obtain the Master degree.